Monday, February 16, 2009

venting...customer service, what?

so, i think identity crisis posted on this topic awhile back. in her post, she mentioned customer service has improved due to the recession and people being very conscience about (potentially) losing their jobs. well, can someone PLEASE stop by the target at 14th & irving in the district? PLEASE?

so, i'm all happy, just left the gym from the BOMB workout, it's all of 10:30 and i need to make a return. head up to customer service, wait my turn and next i know, this chic is angrily waving me to her line. i greet her in a normal fashion, "hey, how are you?" while placing my bags on the counter. response (without looking at me), "you need to take your stuff out of the bag." So, of course, i gave her the "bitch please" look while taking the items out of the bag. then, i had to remember to channel my inner blacklily and kill this bitch with kindness. ugh...
so, i guess she didn't like the fat that i didn't hand her the items or receipt and simply left the items on the counter for her to deal with.
oops, i just did what you TOLD me to do...the items are now out of your bag.

so, she proceeds to abruptly return my items without asking me how i would like my money credited to me, looking at me or acknowledging me in any way. in fact, she went as far as to place my cash (which i didn't want) on the counter instead of in my hand. no joke. of course there was a convo with the M.O.D.


anyway, i just needed to vent 'cause there are 2 things i have no tolerance for: disrespectful kids & shitty customer service. however, i had to post in response that i have found customer service to be much more sub-par these days. i think a lot of his has to do with the stress level of employees. just know this, stressed or not, don't make boog act a badblackgirl.

2 comments:

T said...

I know we haven't officially met yet, but you should have bust out your inner Tea and cussed her rude ass out. Then asked for her full name (to write a letter to the corporate headquarters) asked for a manager, so you wouldn't have to deal with her stankness any further and you would have further held up the line, which would have also pissed her off.

Now, this has to be on a Saturday morning, when you don't have anything to do otherwise, it could be a considerable waste of time. LOL!

middlesister said...

lmao, i SAID i am channeling my inner black lily who is the epitome of patience. i can't go around actn' a fool and showing my "2ness" ALL the damn time. although it's much easier to revert to old ways.

i def spoke with management and really wanted to get some orporate kickbacks by contacting someone outside of the store.