Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lamenting on 30...life, love & happiness

ooooh, it's been awhile...

i just had very random thought about all the things we do surrounding this great "leap" to 30. friends make lists of "30 things to do before 30." i'm not judging; in fact, i spent the better part of last friday night helping my cuzzo develop hers.

so, in reflection, we can jump out of planes (i DO want to do this for 30, BTW), read 30 books (or a book a month, w/e) and place ourselves in all these risky situations, but so many of the people i've talked to about the risks they're willing to take don't involve matters of the heart...love, work, personal growth, etc. take me: i want to jump out of a plane (risky, much?), but i'm not nearly as willing to jump out there and be risky when it comes to love, work, etc. again, i ask you pardon my random musings...

i am, however, grateful for friends who push me out of the theoretical plane and make me take risks i wouldn't otherwise.

love ya'll. forreals.

-boogie

4 comments:

identitycrisis said...

Love this post. I've been making lists for the last few years that I haven't completed. I realized that, while there are some things I want to accomplish by 30, I don't need an extensive list. I really just want to be happy in love, work, friendships, family relationships, etc. I've had this overwhelming sense of being ready lately. I am ready to heal old wounds, fall in love, and have all of the things that are meant for me. I feel like I deserve it all, which is huge for me. I haven't quite figured out what I need to do to get those things or the risks I will need to take but being ready feels good.

middlesister said...

awwww, boo! you DO deserve it ALL (and more dammit)! here's to 30 and of course having the cake and eating it (without guilt afterwards). NO REGRETS!
I'm not sure that planning for all of the things we want is necessary. I'm starting to realize (some of) the best stuff happens when we DON'T plan for it...THAT's the risk, right?

Anonymous said...

Insightful! Ive always had a mental list of things i want to do before I reach, not necessarily an age but at a certain point in my life. I feel like it helps even more to reinforce those dreams by writing things down. Thanks for reminding me that I want to learn the harp! (now if i only had forty thousand dollars to drop...)

Unknown said...

so many waiting for me?? my would-be thirties. not dare to face it.
30 things to do, sounds not bad. have a try. thanks