Wednesday, November 11, 2009

We Collect Inspriration: The Journey

this sunday, as with many sundays at all souls, i was moved/inspired by the sermon from the church's leaders but decided this one was worth sharing. i think all of us will find it poignant because of the transitions we currently find ourselves in. so, i share with you the message to appreciate the moment and enjoy your journey. instead of wondering what the end point will be, stop and take time to reflect on your current situation.

Rev. Lynngood informed the congregation we can create moments of gratitude for the present by asking ourselves four questions of affirmation:
1. there no place i'd rather be
2. there is nothing else i'd rather being doing
3. there is no one i'd rather be with
4. this, i will remember well

if you find yourself getting lost in the moment, take a little time to pause, reconnect and be grateful.

peace & blessings,

boogie

2 comments:

identitycrisis said...

Thanks for posting this. I am learning that I am exactly where I am supposed to be and even the "bad" things that have happened over the last year only served to put right where I am. In those moments where I want to do something else or be somewhere else, I actually try to make that happen. If I can't, I try to enjoy the moment as it is instead of just grudgingly accepting the situation. I'm a work in progress but I enjoy the process.

T said...

I love the in the moment messages. They are so relevant and have helped me to find peace and truly appreciate what's happening at any given time.

Thanks for the reminder.