Friday, November 27, 2009

The Weiner Circle

don't go getting all excited, not that kind of weiner.

actually, i wish this was a post about that. now, i am no fan of weiners, but this has pretty much secured me never trying one in life. eva. especially from this establishment.

check out the video and be ready to share your thoughts, feelings, rants, etc about what you saw. i was saddened (i literally got teary), fearful, pissed and disgusted. i won't go into the historical, racial, sexist, and financial implications so deeply rooted here as you'll soon see for yourself.

grr..

oh, and if that vid's not enough, check out the "related" ones where you can see the milkshake demonstrated.

6 comments:

Kismet Nuñez said...

I love "This American Life." They did a great job going full circle with this.

Y'all know how I feel otherwise.

Anonymous said...

I think it's all ridiculous. I don't think it leads to anything good for anybody. Yes, you might get great tips, but the job is only encouraging negative, prejudiced, idiotic behavior. It ain't worth it. Ugh. Just allowing white folks to continue thinking and acting like they do...

BLACK LILY said...

this is some real mess... whats so crazy is before it even got racial i thought it was mess.

I just need someone to explain to me how screaming at someone using dirty language is a "fun" thing to do?

Who says "Dude do you know what would be really cool... lets go to a hot dog stand where we can say the most ignorant and degrading things"...

I cant even.... I cant even....

identitycrisis said...

You all and the video actually said it all. The whole situation is sickening. I can't even think of anything like - a weird combination of a minstrel show and zoo maybe. I definitely won't be patronizing this place but I wish I could do more.

@BL - there are a couple of sit-down restaurants here where the waitstaff is rude to customers as a part of their gimmick. They don't take it this far though and they don't use foul language. Has anyone seen those types of places in other parts of the country?

T said...

The Weiner Circle is one neighbhorhood over from mine (across the street from Wrigley field). I guess I live in a rich while neighborhood. I digress.

I had no idea this happened in there. I've actually never seen anyone go in there. Mainly because I'm only over there in daylight.

That's got to be tough to listen to people hurl insults at you all day while you're at work. Real, fake or imagined, that's got to be tough.

T said...

P.S. what happened to your blog because I can't see posts before Ocotber 20th? Computer glitch or was that on purpose?