Friday, April 3, 2009

BACK OFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Bitter:

I never consented to this endless male conquest for entry into my vagina. After all, this is the fact of the matter. The deepest fact that we all know. I am not going to try to dress it up like it’s a simple issue of men not knowing how to properly address a woman. It’s more like: this is America. Every time I open a newspaper, watch TV, see an advertisement, there is some distinctly absurd ploy to make us, women, lose the double chin on our face, the “muffin top” on our waste, the wrinkles under our eyes, get new breast the replace the flat ones, stitch in new hair to replace the “bad” hair, and in many countries, massage creams that give us white skin. What are we doing this for? Was there a matriarchal shift in history where we demanded we transform and twist our bodies for our own good? I don’t recall. It’s all for the glory and feeling of being evaluated by the male eye. The status that comes with being looked at. Repeatedly. The howls of approval that one woman gets for wearing no more than a diamond studded bra and hot pants to a club. In every Seventeen magazine, I see these beautiful ploys: “Lose weight and make him yours.” But what if I don’t want to make him mine based on some mirage of a body I took diet pills to attain? What if I want him to like me, and not just the way I ride a pole or pussy pop or dip it low? What if I want him to like me for not consenting to his sexist behavior? I am upsetting the balance; will I ever find a man who can appreciate that...




Read the rest here. Then go Facebook Fan BackUp: Concrete Diaries.

3 comments:

karlissa said...

I couldn’t have written this any better. I get so upset the lack of respect that we get from men. I am not just my big breasts and butt. I am a queen and I carry myself as such. I am not bitter just tired. I give respect and I expect it in return that’s all.

middlesister said...

*snaps*

Cornflake Girl said...

this is so on point. beautiful writing, and beautiful woman.