Sunday, May 24, 2009

Summer Reading Lists


Ok, ok. Back to the positivity.

Inspired by various other lists (Luis and the Summer Music Playlist, the Kitchen Table, those who are comping around me) I'm sending out this call for books (CFB) to read this summer.

I already have a few in mind:
Annette Gordon-Reed, The Hemingses of Monticello: An American Family (which just got the Pulitzer)
Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's memoir This Child Will be Great
Mara and Diouf, ed. New Perspectives on Islam in Africa

At some point I will catch upon the L.A. Banks' Vampire Huntress series, start David Anthony Durham's Acacia series and finish Octavia Butler's Patternmaster quartet.

Add your summer books here as the spirit moves you.

If you are interested in doing some kind of virtual BBG book club, I am down. If you are interested in joining the Uhura black sci-fi/fantasy book club give Quirky Black Girls a yell.

No comments: