Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The book club of the 21st century...

At the inception of this blog, I knew it would only be a matter of time until we started mulling over the idea of a book club. It only makes sense that a group of intelligent, college educated women--while pursuing avenues of collective and self-betterment--would approach the written word as a common ground to provide cerebral stimulus and elicit provocative dialogue ...

(dang, I'm good with words....gotta love the Wash U book learnin'!)

Anyway since I knew the whole book club was going to surface sooner or later (and it seems to have some clear support) I would like to suggest/amend the idea to include a movie/film aspect.

I need to get back into more leisure reading...so I concur that we should get our read on. But I feel like there are sooooooo many good movies out there! And I don't just mean hollywood blockbusters (cuz I'm sitting "marley & me" out this time!!!), I mean GOOD films --foreign, independent, cannes, sundance material!

The good, the bad, the obscure, the OMG Almódovar is a crazy genius, the "i'm at a cocktail party and NO one has seen this movie yet!" Those are the movies i want us to tackle!!!

So whattya say.... who wants to watch some movies!!! (and of course read some books too!!!)
who's in?

2 comments:

Kismet Nuñez said...

I just want you to know how much I KNOW you. Because I read the first paragraph and knew immediately this post was by you or Black Lilly. Then I read the last line and I was like--Maven, def. Maven.

I'm down. For both. Let's do it. Sooner the better.

BLACK LILY said...

Im down. :)