Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Recent Revelation #1, #2, and #3

  1. Facebook hiatus has freed up a LOT of my free time. I had no idea. It will henceforth be known as Crack Book. It has also reminded me about my own communication priorities. I have returned to phone calls--as opposed to wall posts--as a way to keep in touch with people. It is doing wonders for my sanity. And takes less time (surprisingly).
  2. I love sleep. But the grind has become such that any time I spend doing other things--including hanging out in the Common Room--is time that is taken from sleep. This includes eating, working out, talking on the phone, volunteering, work....all of it. Now, some of those things need to be done, like eating and working out. But, come on! I don't need to eat and watch CNN at the same time. I can eat right here at my laptop. Because that is another half hour of sleep I lose. Facebook hiatus helped me realize this so I am recommitting myself--renewing my vows, you might say--to that almighty arbiter of my fair or foul mood. Sleep.
  3. Learning multiple languages makes me feel really sexy. It expands my mind. I am successfully tackling an all French language article with savoir-faire for the first time. And I love it.
More revelations to come.

1 comment:

identitycrisis said...

Man, facebook had you out there bad. I'm glad you freed up some time to see what you've been missing.

This makes me think about my priorities. I think I need to shut my computer down all together and ban myself from the iphone (except of course the phone feature) at least one day a week. I waste so much time on random stuff every time I sit down at the macbook.

Yay! for the French (language and men)