Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What I Learned II: The ABD Version

  1. Not everyone you came in with is going to make it out of graduate school. And this fact has nothing to do with whether or not you make it out. The graduate degree is fully your responsibility.

  2. Smart people aren't actually smarter than anyone else. They're just more disciplined.

  3. "Habit is persistence in practice." ~Octavia Butler

  4. I need white people to fuel my hybridity. Whodathunk?

  5. You can do many things but you can't do many things well. Be master of a few and that will be enough.

  6. Dance is food for my soul.


That is all for now.

3 comments:

T said...

@ 5. In my best Clay Davis voice: ShiDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! My name is T. I am superwoman. Yes, I am. Yes, I am.

I'm feeling all the other ones though.

P.S. This is about me. (How am I going to tell you what you learned?)

Kismet Nuñez said...

LOL. you're a mess. I'm glad you got something out of that one though, even if it was to sice yourself up. Go, go gadget!

The Maven said...

1,2,and 3 need to be tattooed on my head.... i need someone to light a fire under my depressed ass!

::grabbing kindling, matches, and accelerant::