Sunday, January 25, 2009

A BBG MADE A STATEMENT EARLIER THIS WEEK.... THAT I LOVED SO MUCH I JUST HAD TO POST... AND CAN I JUST SAY THAT I LOVE THIS COVER... I LOVE IT...






"I like that Michelle was doing the "Rainbow Coalition" thing (i say that but whatever) with her fashion. In this context, I have to admit to a touch of conservativism. She is black. Game over. Her kids rock cornrows. Game over. Her husband is leader of the free world and she is his partner and he is head over heels in love with her. And I'm done. Michelle represents just by being Michelle. How dare YOU...."

3 comments:

The Maven said...

I wonder what their "couple" sense of humor is like.

He can always seem to make her laugh, but I wonder if he's sacarstic/snarky like we are or if he is just corny-funny, or what?

Like does he laugh at SNL or The Office, or does he laugh at Adam Sandler or Chris Rock or Dave Chapelle...

I always wondered.

identitycrisis said...

So I'm pretty sure I know who made the statement and I love the cover photo. However, I'm thoroughly confused by the quote. I love the end of it but the whole Rainbow Coalition... conservatism thing doesn't fit the rest for me. And who is the "YOU"? Context please.

middlesister said...

i think my (black) prez THINKS he is funny. like at the dinner table, the girls and michelle roll their eyes at him b.c he's so lame...i dunno...just my guess.

however, i don't give a DAMN! he could tell a "why did the chicken cross the road" joke, and i would love him all the same.

lastly, why is coffee table consumed with obamamania? ugh.