Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blog for Choice Day 2009


So Bad Black Girls....

What say you on the issue of reproductive choice?

I imagine there are a range of opinions here and I won't even assume what they are.

Kismet, if you don't know what they are, why in the world did you bring this ish in our direction?

Because, compañeras, for me, Choice is literally that. The right to choose to do. The right to choose not to. The right to choose to have the Sex ::big smile:: and the right to Abstain. And the right to do all of that sans judgement.

So in this safe space, I welcome comments, critique, frustration, stories, healthy disssent, etc.


1 comment:

The Maven said...

The thing that always gets me is how in world we live in today we get "unwanted" pregnancies. It literally blows my mind.

Because aside from rape, there is no reason that one can't avoid getting pregnant.

Is that harsh to say?

I mean even if you are "allergic" to latex or don't like condemns, there is birth control, and even if you can afford pills, there are safe OTC spermicides.

I don't want a baby right now, so i make sure a baby doesn't end up inside of me...

Outside of forced/ sexual assult, it should be that simple right?

Doesn't make sense to make the easier choices on the front end so you don't have to make a harder choice later on?