Monday, January 5, 2009

Guess Who's Bizzack?!

so, after a forced hiatus from ALL leisure web-related activity and most web-related activity altogether for the better part of a month...ya girl is soo happy to be back with her boos in the Common Room!

What's good chicas?!

1. LOOOOVE being in a "black city" no really... I was at my new employer's orientation session today and guess what I saw?
a)our people of the disapora running the isht! whoop, whoop!
b)sistah's with locks, head-wraps, afro-inspired dress and accessories
c)people of ALL backgrounds respecting the above's gangsta.

now for those of you who,(unlike myself) have had the privilege of being around our people for the past 5 years...good for you. i, for one, have been majorly deprived. soo, imma relish these moments of being in love with my peeps.

2. Stella needs a dad...or uncle or something in 2009. we think it will aid her transition into this new city. ya'll like how i use my baby as a scapegoat?

3. in general, very much looking forward to all the new opportunities in '09!

...i'm back!

8 comments:

identitycrisis said...

Girl. You just don't know. I was about to come home and write an ignorant post letting y'all know that break is officially over in the common room. I'm so glad you're back. I missed you.

1. Enjoy it. I miss that type of environment. Lately, I've been the only one of us. I kinda miss that about the school system.

2. Why did I think you were talking about getting another dog at first? Don't use Stella as an excuse. Get yours and be proud. Singledom can't last always.

3. I will raise my glass to that. Tough day today so I'm having my glass of wine... a few days early.

Welcome back, Boo!

Kismet Nuñez said...

Break is over in the Common Room

identitycrisis said...

Kismet. You will NOT come up in here proclaiming that break is over without a post of your own.

Get on your job, homie!

T said...

This is so funny, because I was just about to ask you all how you expect me to productively procrastinate without hot topics in the Common Room. Let's get going folks!

P.S. Boogie, I will be in chocolate city for the inauguration. Me and my peeps officially shut down every city we go to and as of right now I'll be staying in Georgetown. I hope to meet you at a party, rally, ball, function or maybe just coffee at busboys and poets. Either way, the city has been forewarned!

middlesister said...

T-
holla @ your girl. i will have to email you my phone number...i am not far from my beloved busboys at all!

Kis-where you @ boo. to answer your email, I was trying to get HOVA on this post and have hm provide my soundtrack...oh well!

Eeyore said...

I wonder if we will all be 50 talking about "Guess who's bizzack?" at random gatherings and reunions... prolly.. well I will.

I'm glad u are with your people. I had 2 years of a chocolate environment and was glad to step back into diversity! I wish you the best!

identitycrisis said...

Oooh, let's have a Common Room get together so everyone can meet. I love the cross-blog love. Now if we can just get b. to join us and of course all of the BBGs.

I wish I was gonna make it to DC to kick with y'all but I don't think I can handle the crowd.

b.goody said...

I'm here!!! I've been reading and not posting! Not in a creepy way, but you know...I'm down for a meeting :)