Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pop culture questions....

After listening to the radio over the past few months, I have at least 4 questions burning in my mind......


1. What IS a goon to a goblin? Is there historical or mythical context similar to vampires and lycans? what are the defining attributes of each? If I were in a fight who would I want on my team????

2. Are you SURE it aint trickin' if you got it? Is trickin' determined by means or intent?

3. Is there a legitimate and equitable comparison between a "Diva" and a "Hustla' "? Is the difference merely based on gender or sex? Are the two mutually exclusive?

4. Is the population of the world clearly delineated into 2 groups: performers and observers? Are there other parts of the artistic process not encapsulated in this division?


I know, I know, I may be the only person who talks back to their radio... but i really would enjoy your feedback...artists like Wayne, Luda, T.I., Beyonce' and Britney make statements and I am just not sure they hold up most of the time!

Comment at your leisure....

5 comments:

Kismet Nuñez said...

Another post where as soon as I saw the first line I knew it was the Maven who wrote it.

The Maven said...

okay but answer the questions!!!!

BLACK LILY said...

okay... so i cant speak to the first 2... cause i havent heard them...

but to number 3 and 4... all i can say is this is an illustration of a lack of eloquence...


Beyonce Im going to give her a pass here cause i am still glad that she didnt sing single ladies at the concert today.... give props to progress... where its due....


and to BS... her song is some BS...
there are only 2 types of people in the world??? REALLY B? Really?

Kismet Nuñez said...

At Maven's request....

#1. If I were in a fight, I would want a goblin on my team. But if I were in battle, a debate, or anything requiring strategy, give me a goon. They are sneaky, underhanded and know how to cheat.

#2. It is definitely still trickin' even if you got it. But hey--make that money.

#3. Dude. I can't. And the video is UNDERwhelming besides.

#4. What song is this even from?

T said...

1. What IS a goon to a goblin? LOL! I think he's saying one monster to another. Like one major player to another major player.

2. Are you SURE it aint trickin' if you got it? Is trickin' determined by means or intent? It's definitely trickin' whether you got it or not. People need to understand out here.

3. Is there a legitimate and equitable comparison between a "Diva" and a "Hustla' "? Is the difference merely based on gender or sex? Are the two mutually exclusive? Um... diva and hustla have NOTHING to do with each other, but the song is hot though. Bey just wants to be just like her man.