Thursday, January 8, 2009

Liberating Books

It is amazing how having to travel really simplifies the things you need in life.

That said, I always need books. Who wants to do a Global Bad Black Girl Book Exchange with me?

Reason: I can't carry all the books I want to read and the books that I do carry and finish I need to dispense with (paper is probably the heaviest thing we lug around with us)

So, I've just finished C. E. Murphy's Heart of Stone. I won't tell what I think of it, but I'll put it in a letter to whoever I send the book to. And maybe they could do the same?

First person to shoot their address to kismetfour@gmail.com with a book I'm dying to read gets the book. Now, just because you don't want Murphy doesn't mean you have to blow this off; I just bought Junot Diaz's The Brief, Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, I'm totally floored by it, and I can't take it with me. That's the next exchangee (or exchanger?)

Come on BBGS! Hollatchurgurl! kismetfour@gmail.com!

2 comments:

BLACK LILY said...

just read drown... ill send you my junot diaz if you send me yours?

Kismet Nuñez said...

Deal. I'll let you know when I finished. 1/4 through already...it is awesome.