Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

LADIES! Where are you all?

I know everyone is busy working, traveling, spending time with family or moving but I miss you all in the Common Room.

The new year usually brings about various resolutions. I feel I may have already bitten off more than I can chew with the 28 by 28 so I don't have much room for more resolutions. So this year, I've made two very general resolutions:
  1. To put more effort into my appearance.
    - Y'all know that I would live in jeans, a hoodie and fresh pair of Pumas or Adidas and for summer time a tank top and flip flops. However, this makes me look 17 and usually results in actual 17 year olds trying to approach me. As some of us have discussed, this is not acceptable.
  2. To be more open to (and proactive about) meeting new people.
    - Y'all also know that I can be very closed off (or rude) to folks that I don't know. I'm usually cool with this as I love the few friends that I have. However, I'm finding that a few of them need to be replaced and I won't find fresh faces on my couch or my BFFs.
So, I'm wondering...

Have you made any resolutions? If so, what are they? If not, why not?

Let's challenge and push one another and, most importantly, support one another.

Let's make 2009, and every year afterward, The Year of the BadBlackGirls!

5 comments:

T said...

Hey Common Room,

I just wanted to wish everyone a very happy new year and all the blessing you can stand in 2009!

I look forward to more good times in here!

T said...

*blessings*

Kismet Nuñez said...

I want to think about some really good resolutions. But off the top of my head:

1. Be nice.
2. Be more outgoing.
3. Be more independent.
4. Be my own cheerleader.

Yay T for reading!!!! And yay! for b.enchanted joining the common room. finally.

Um, next year, I think we need to do a secret santa. Even if it means long distance gift send & purchase....

middlesister said...

LAAADIEEESSSS!!!
oh, oh my how i missed thee!
ahhh, to be back. ok, ok enough of that.
T-many blessings in '09 to you. i feel like i know you, we soo need to meet.

kis-how would we cooordinate? who would be the 1 person that knows all?
great idea tho, hun! are you coming back before your trip? let me know.

IC-thanks for the 1/1/09 love. i needed that.

i resolve to learn my way around DC, not accrue a $1,000 worth of parking fees and get a permit by Jan 5th. let's watch me work!
Seriously, I really really want to become awesome at what I do and gain confidence in my professional work. how was that for the non-resolver?


MUUUUAAAAHHH!

BLACK LILY said...

10 days later...

I just wanted to say Happy New Year!!!!! :)